2011-11-04

::sigh::

That's three deadlines down, three more to go...

Today I was a little bit more sleepy than the limit for being productive during the day, so after class I got myself a cup of mint mocha from The Art of Espresso (est. 1999, according to the paper sleeve—not sure if that warrants an explicit indication). I could have done with more sweetness, but it was a pick-me-up, and for that, perhaps the taste doesn't really matter...

While I was standing in line at the cart I entered into a conversation with the person standing behind me. It had been a while since I'd had a random friendly encounter like that. I feel like it used to happen more often, probably when I lived in San Francisco. I wonder if people in certain cities are more prone to interacting with people they don't know? Or maybe my encounter today was particular to me and the other person (who also was not American)? I am curious whether people in the U.S. are less inclined to have casual, friendly conversations while on queue...

No comments:

Post a Comment