2011-11-28

fall colors, giving thanks

Although I'm not hugely into Thanksgiving, it was nice to spend the long weekend with my parents. Buddy drove us up on Wednesday and we returned Sunday, which gave us all plenty of opportunities to eat lots of good food (which is what my family does best).

There was no turkey to be had by us, but we did have a tasty Vietnamese shrimp curry, along with our traditional casseroles (yum!). Other nights we had fish—lots and lots of fish. Most of it was raw. This is how Japanese people give thanks, I think.

Buddy and I also took a couple of strolls through the neighborhood, and although California just isn't that good with the leaves turning, it was nice to see the existence of some flora around the block. My parents also had some nice roses, mums, bell peppers, eggplants...oh, the joys of having a productive garden.

The next wave of holidays will be here in no time, but for now I am thankful for good family, good friends, and good health of those around me. Finals week, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment