2012-04-16

strawberries are in season nowadays.

Yesterday I got my delivery of a dozen Frost Me Gourmet Cupcakes. Mmmm. I ordered the Strawberries and Cream (gluten free and vegan!), opting for a fruit flavor after the success last time with the Toasted Coconut flavor. And boy, was that a good choice or what...

The cake part was nicely spongy and not too sweet, the sugar in the batter having crystallized along the edges in the baking process. The cake provided a great foundation to the frosting—smooth, sweet, rich, and creamy, with fresh strawberries inside! And the decorative strawberry topped off perfectly the ensemble with an in-season fruit, so dark and ripe...

I'm all for supporting small, local businesses (even though, yes, I really do like the Gluten Free Red Velvet from Sprinkles), and I've been happy with not just the cupcakes but also the service from Frost Me Gourmet Cupcakes. (I feel like an advertisement.) I'm looking forward to the owner opening up her own store, though she says it will be in Downtown San Diego, which will be a little ways away from me. But until then, I can keep getting my orders delivered to my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment