2012-04-22

pink......

So, I wasn't sure if beets could be eaten raw (they can, right?), and since I didn't want to die, I decided to boil them, like so many recipes told me to do. Last night I marinated boiled beets in Japanese cooking sake and plum vinegar, and this morning I had myself some beet salad.

It wasn't as sweet as I was hoping they'd be, but they had a nice texture to it. I'm not sure if the parsley was a good idea, but they were had been in my fridge for over a week, and I wanted the salad to have some color. (I mean, some color besides...beet reddish pink.)

What to make next? I'm trying to learn more Japanese cooking (the beet salad was not it), and I just opened that bottle of cooking sake...there must be something else interesting to make out there......

No comments:

Post a Comment