2012-04-27

Mysterious Coleslaw

Recently I was organizing my recipes folder when I came across a yummy-looking recipe for a coleslaw. This particular recipe called for mayonnaise, which I realized I had a jar of sitting in the back of my fridge. Since I hadn't used it in too long, I thought it was about high time I made me some coleslaw.

Except I didn't have any cabbage around, so I just ended up throwing in whatever vegetables I had on hand. (That would be spinach, mustard greens, and scallions.) I dressed it with plum vinegar (I am telling you! It's like I'm addicted!), Sriracha sauce, cayenne pepper, and plenty of mayonnaise. I should've let the scallions sit in some cold water first, and I think I put in a bit too much plum vinegar (the slaw was too salty), but the taste reminded me of the "Special Orange Sauce" I had at a mediocre sushi place I went to in San Diego years ago, so it brought back some funny memories.

Topped with some toasted sesame seeds, it made a lovely midnight snack. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment