2012-06-10

Just go with the flow. Or not.

As I was walking across the terrace (?) of Geisel the other day, I noticed that all the flowers in a planter (?) on the way to Sequoyah were facing the same direction. I wondered if they were all facing South, toward the sun (?), or if the wind was just blowing them all over.

Either way, it's not such bad practice, going with the flow and doing like everyone else does. Sometimes it's a lot easier and presents the path of least resistance. And for a flower, that can mean the difference between surviving and perishing.

But sometimes it's just nice to know that, if you really, really want to not go with the flow, then that's OK too. I mean, who knows, maybe the flow is just bad. It's bad flow and bad karma, and maybe you'll be unhappy where you end up. 

So yes. Go with the flow, or not. (I think this is the result of my recent ambivalence about life in general, though it is, nonetheless, a positive kind of ambivalence...)

No comments:

Post a Comment