2012-11-19

Customer Is Not Royalty

PowerPoint? Check. Handouts? Check. Notes? Check. All I need now is to figure out how to get myself to Kyoto on time.

I realized I needed more change when I was making copies at 7-Eleven, but I couldn't bring myself to ask for it at the register. It used to irk me when people came to our store and asked for change. I said, "Buy yourself a two-dollar votive, and I'll give you change."

It isn't that I don't think customer is king/queen...I try to interact with them in a way that would make them want to stay in our store, look at what we have, buy things, come back again, tell their friends about us...but that wasn't because I thought they were royalty. I just wanted them to like our store.

Ah, if only I can go back to working retail. But hey, in order to get change, I bought myself some karaage at 7-Eleven...it was wonderfully half-cooked and super juicy. If I get salmonella and don't make it to Kyoto, I'm going to blame the fact that I didn't want to irk the cashiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment