2014-09-26

How to Eat Breakfast

Call me racist, but I think Japanese people shouldn't sit on chairs to eat at tables.

OK OK, it's not so much that I think Japanese people shouldn't own dining sets, it's just that I find it disturbing when I see a furniture catalog in a Japanese 7-Eleven that features "Western" furniture that just screams, "Hi, I just came out of a dining room in a country on the other side of the globe!"

I mean, what are you going to eat when you sit at these tables in your little island nation, people? Are you going to sip Earl Grey and eat spotted dick, or are you going to have your rice with miso soup and maybe a side of salted cod roe? Please.

And why can't we eat stuff that's grown in our locality, or at least within close range, rather than importing things using gallons and gallons of gas?

(Even in the States I am confused by marketing phrases like "urban chic" and "elegant classic". How can my style be boiled down to adjective + adverb?)

No comments:

Post a Comment