2013-02-19

日本での発見 / Discoveries in Japan #20: 抱負 / Aspirations

Actually, I'm not sure if「抱負」is the right translation. My other options were「切望」or「熱望」, and while those may have been more appropriate, somehow「抱負」felt more grounded...

Last night I tagged along with a friend to watch SADO TEMPEST, a futuristic rock-musical film adaptation of Shakespeare's The Tempest. The film was a treat, but what struck me more was the community that had gathered for the conversation (with two directors, including SADO's John Williams, and the editor-in-chief of the Japanese cinema Web magazine Midnight Eye) beforehand. There were young actors, directors, hair/make-up artists...everyone working toward a dream, talking to people, completing projects, putting their work out there. There was a vitality and eagerness that was inspiring, and it reminded me of all the cool theater folks I had the chance to work with back in SF. Oh, good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment