2012-12-15

師走 / The Master Is Running Around.

The realization comes late, but it's December. Wow, 2012 has gone by fast; in fact, time has been passing incredibly quickly since I passed my quals last April. Funny that...

This week has been intense with the mental inputs. It started off with a trip to an unbelievable bookstore in 代官山 with a lovely friend from undergrad, followed by two fulfilling days of reading and preparing for a mini-presentation. I'm now pretty sure I'm going to enjoy writing the first chapter more than I thought I would...

As if that weren't enough, I indulged in お好み焼き and games of pool with a friend, which made me feel like I was 18 again. But the excitement fizzled when I acknowledged that I needed to stop being such a bitch and say only the things that make people happy. Focus on pleasing people! As a Disney character said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say...nothin' at all."

And that is what I'm going to do.

でも、今日は友達が昭和記念公園を案内してくれて、メッチャクチャ楽しい日だったわ。ついでに気に入ったリースリングも見つかったし、友達とスーパーで買い物できたし、風呂吹き大根も美味しかったし、柿羊羹もこの分だと失敗じゃなかったみたいだし······来週は締め切りで大忙しやけど、なんか満ち足りた時間が流れて行く様な気がしないでもないな······

No comments:

Post a Comment