2012-10-21

A Little Bit of Oil Is Good, Even Necessary (どだ、油だ!)

The bad thing about cooking for myself is that I have to eat bad food every day. At least Tuesday's delivery from the co-op included the bottle of olive oil I ordered, so now I can make some real stir fry, not just stir steam. Rock. (I am also waiting for lettuce season to end.)

I've been slow on picking up some useful ingredients and seasonings, but once I'm through with this deadline I am going on a shopping spree at Ito Yokado. I need some chili peppers, sesame oil, gluten-free (?) bread crumbs, ginger, garlic, basil, cayenne pepper, cinnamon...

I'm thinking steamed clams: with garlic and chili peppers fried in olive oil, clams opening up in white wine, fresh parsley sprinkled on top...

Holy crap, I am getting hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment