2016-04-04

So Long, March.

A number of posts will, I hope, come out of the Spring Recess 2016 that was the end of March–beginning of April—but first I want to post a poem that I was reminded of this past week, the poem that essentially changed my life.

On My First Son by Ben Jonson

Farewell, thou child of my right hand, and joy;
My sin was too much hope of thee, lov'd boy.
Seven years tho' wert lent to me, and I thee pay,
Exacted by thy fate, on the just day.
O, could I lose all father now! For why
Will man lament the state he should envy?
To have so soon 'scap'd world's and flesh's rage,
And if no other misery, yet age?
Rest in soft peace, and, ask'd, say, "Here doth lie
Ben Jonson his best piece of poetry."
For whose sake henceforth all his vows be such,
As what he loves may never like too much.

The last week and a half have been thought-provoking and mind-blowing...or, maybe it's one because it's the other......

2 comments:

  1. hi Satoko!!! how are you!!!???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MR!! I'm good!! 我想妳~!
      六月,七月,你在名古屋嗎??

      Delete