2012-05-19

Sayonara Yellow Brick Road

We've been covering North American '60s music in my TA class, and I was reminded of this book, which I saw through a CUP email a while ago. (Not what Bobbo mentioned, but still.)

I grew up listening to The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, and all sorts of other soft/hard rock and pop from the United States, but it wasn't until I started teaching in grad school that I figured out how the music fit into the historical context of the United States. Now I'm curious to learn about the movement of music between the United States and Japan and its influence on what all I listen to now, starting with decades past in Japan and other parts of East Asia.

If I had more time I would invest more energy into writing and playing music, but for now I am going to have to be content with the occasional guitar and last.fm sessions...

No comments:

Post a Comment